Flying FORKS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Flying FORKS

Fairfield Ohio Radio Kontrol Society AMA Chapter 501, IMAA Chapter 207

You are not connected. Please login or register

conflicting reports

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1conflicting reports Empty conflicting reports Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:59 pm

joeg

joeg

Once again the newsletter has two dates for one activity.

The ladies rodeo is listed on one page as being Saturday night at 5:00 and a spaghetti dinner following at 6:00. I work till six so that pretty much leaves me out. On the calendar it is listed as being on Sunday.
As it was left after the fun fly it was going to be on Sunday so there could be as many there to support them as possible. Apparently there was a decision that not all were involved in. Nothing was said at the meeting. I realize that the rodeo is an unofficial event and should be held when the most ladies can participate. Is that the reason for the change? Last year it was held early and I missed it then too.

I'm beginning to feel that unless I own a camper I'm on the outside looking in.

Can I get another point of view here?

Joe

2conflicting reports Empty Re: conflicting reports Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:42 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Look under topic "new newsletter" in Events.

You were out voted at the auxiliary meeting Razz

SOS different day lol!

Last edited by Admin on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://cethomas.forumotion.com

3conflicting reports Empty Re: conflicting reports Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:20 pm

dennis

I don't know when it was change. But they want to have a bat fly that night too. when the sun goes down at 7:00pm I don't know how we would time do this. Also they want to do some night fling, when there is only 3 night flyers. So still come out and eat and you can fly my night flyer.

4conflicting reports Empty Re: conflicting reports Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:53 am

joeg

joeg

Thanks Dennis. We'll see.

I guess my question is who is the "they" that changed the date. It isn't the first time it's happened and someone who works on Saturday or someone who works a different schedule than just Mon thru Fri may have to make special arrangements to get off.

When you don't know when things are happening it makes it pretty hard to attend.

The newsletter should be the final authority but even it is conflicted.

Joe

5conflicting reports Empty Re: conflicting reports Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:44 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

joeg wrote:
The newsletter should be the final authority but even it is conflicted.
Joe

NO, when we make up the schedule in November and it's voted on, it must be used as final authority unless it's changed by vote at an offical club meeting.

We have allowed to much of " we have several members here, lets make a field change" We must start the move to get the club back to following the bi-laws or change the bi-laws:study:

Good god, I am starting to sound like someone wanting to run for office lol!

6conflicting reports Empty Re: conflicting reports Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:29 pm

dennis

SO you want to run!!! Do we know when the schedule meeting is happending? The rain date on this schedule needs to be pencil in. I gess my quistion is should there be a rain date on these event. Or only the event that has points?

7conflicting reports Empty Re: conflicting reports Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:41 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

No, I would have to start going to meetings but if I were to be voted in I would serve king

The Organizational Meeting is 11/9. When we set up the events, we should pick out the ones that we want to hold with rain dates and all others would then not have any make up dates unless we vote on a make up date in a meeting.

8conflicting reports Empty Re: conflicting reports Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:42 am

joeg

joeg

I think the organizational meeting has been changed (since it's not a point meeting) to October 15. It will be announced in the December newsletter. Wink

Just kidding.........but it could happen!!

Joe

9conflicting reports Empty Re: conflicting reports Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:01 pm

dpo89

dpo89

This is all very confusing, newsletter, meeting, or organizational meeting which is the final say as to when events happen or do you just roll the dice and see what comes up. There should be some sort of finallity to the schedule of events so everyone has a chance to attend if possible.But there is a meeting and a race tomorrow correct??? scratch scratch scratch

10conflicting reports Empty Re: conflicting reports Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:25 pm

joeg

joeg

NO, when we make up the schedule in November and it's voted on, it must be used as final authority unless it's changed by vote at an offical club meeting

I stand corrected. The dates should only be changed at an "official" meeting and then announced in the newsletter. Only one date per event would help.

Yes, last I heard there was a race and meeting tomorrow but..................................?

Joe

11conflicting reports Empty Re: conflicting reports Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:18 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

No, the race os going to be held on the 12th at 1pm the meeting is going to be held on the twelfth at 7:30pm Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum