Flying FORKS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Flying FORKS

Fairfield Ohio Radio Kontrol Society AMA Chapter 501, IMAA Chapter 207

You are not connected. Please login or register

Radio problems

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Radio problems Empty Radio problems Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:51 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

We had some radio frequency problems at the race on Sunday. Joe is going to see if we can get the AMA scanner and see if we can locate the source of our problems.

https://cethomas.forumotion.com

2Radio problems Empty Re: Radio problems Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:59 pm

Trailertrash

Good. That way I can stop thinking the problems where just in Dennis & Joe's flying abilities. lol! jocolor Laughing

3Radio problems Empty Re: Radio problems Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:42 pm

dennis

We are going to take the foamey out to the field and put 5 different reciver on it and fly it to see if anything gets hit. I have not found why the monocoupe went in. The wing is fixabull, the tail maybe, the fuse gone. 108 is good all of the servo are good I just don't know why?

4Radio problems Empty Re: Radio problems Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:31 pm

Trailertrash

Dennis? Do I read this right? The monocoupe went in?! I am so sorry to hear that. What channel was the coupe on? 55? Could it be the TX? What did the racer and coupe have in common? Where did the coupe go in at?

5Radio problems Empty Re: Radio problems Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:46 pm

dennis

It went in at the mud pit The low spot at the begining of the field The radio lock up and 50 ft up stright down. A 12 second flight. I think about it I flew the little hots on the same radio with no problem. Everything I have is on ch-55. All but 2 of my reciver are hitec 2 are JR It will take about a year to put monocoupe back together. It will fly again.

6Radio problems Empty Re: Radio problems Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:52 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Yes, a lot of radio problems yesterday.

JR and I sure wanted to see the monocoupe fly.

7Radio problems Empty Re: Radio problems Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:15 pm

joeg

joeg

The range check was great. Take off run was good. It left the ground and just would not respond. Dennis did everything right.

I'll check on the scanner if I can get in touch with someone today.

If we have problems we need to figure it out before the Giant Fly In.

Joe

8Radio problems Empty Re: Radio problems Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:33 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

YES, we do.

9Radio problems Empty Re: Radio problems Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:44 pm

dennis

Well I took the reciver out of the monocoupe and put it in the foamey and flue it at the house with the 10sx radio and on ch-55 and had no problem. I flue it for about 30 minutes 2 batterys lot of fun So the next thing is take it to the field and do the same test.

10Radio problems Empty Re: Radio problems Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:30 pm

joeg

joeg

I noticed at the war bird/fun fly there were no radio issues. At least none that I heard aout.

Don't know whether that's good news or bad. I've not spent a lot of time out there but have not heard of any problems since the race.

I'm beginning to think that race day was just a bunch of pilot errors and maybe some mechanical issues that can be attributed to getting the cobwebs out of our heads. I know I wasn't convinced that my crash was radio failure so much as disorientation.

Have we had any more problems? Problems that can absolutely be attributed to frequency/IF and not just bad batteries or poor maintenance?

Joe

11Radio problems Empty Re: Radio problems Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:48 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

We have not, but we run PCM in everything but the trainer.

Charles

12Radio problems Empty Re: Radio problems Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:17 pm

dennis

I have none seince the first race day. Still do not know why the monocupe went in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum